3/19/2006

Cool Breezes on a Hot Day!

Jumping into supposedly the hottest summer anywhere this side 0f the equater. I laugh because I'm not there yet. Guess I'll see if I'm still laughing when June and July get here. When it gets hot I always look forward to the cool breezes that show up at the most opportune moments...Cool Breezes are a lot like the enjoyable moments in life...The kind of moments I can look back upon and smile about, despite the crap thats constantly getting in my face. Today was a day I would have liked to give into my fleshly urge to destroy someone. But Thankfully I haven't gone that far. I know why problems seem to pile up and get fustrating. I'm not putting on my armor every day, I'm putting it off in hopes of getting to it later. Excuses are worthless to God and painfull for me. I know that the fustrating people I face are there as a temptation for me to be foolish and out of control, so I try to see it not with the eyes of this world but with the eyes that God has given me. It gets tougher and tougher the longer I put off not stepping into the word of God which is my sheild from such nonsense. Even though I can't really find my balance right now, God places within my day, Momentary experiences that show me he is still near. Still pushing me to succeed. Moments that I have an oportunity to bless another person or moments when they are a blessing in my life. We have an Iraqi Mechanic that works in the motorpool near where I live and he braught his daughter with him the other day. She was real cute and shy about talking to others even with her dad standing at her side. He called me over to show her off but I was a little busy at the time so I didn't get to. I did later though and before I said goodbye, I told him his daughter was beautiful, which she really is. The look on his face was enough to know how he felt. Moments like that I really enjoy, and they make this road I'm traveling worth every mile. The days are getting hotter and hotter and pretty soon cool breezes aren't going to be enough to fight the bitterness of the heat. So I'm going back for it with greater intensity , Jumping deeper into the word of God. Because I really need it in this place. War is not for those who believe in themselves...it's for those who believe in, Trust in and consistantly lean on the saviors wisdom and love. Its a life decision to walk the unpaved road carrying a cross, being marked for death by a world that just doesn't get it. Why would anyone want to suffer and sweat serving people who don't care, People who would rather see you die pennyless, than live to your full potential. These are the poeple I have been called to serve, whether they turn a blind eye to it or they pat me on the back for helping them, doesn't matter because everything they see me doing for them, I do for the one who is far more worthy of it than them.
Take me away into your embrace, show me the beauty of your heaven in this place, Every day you fill me with your awsome grace, Opening my eyes showing me the evil that has fled without a trace, Awsome is your compassion and Love, showered down from above, I stand in awe of your wisdom and might, giving me the confidence and courage to fight, I'm thankfull for the breath I breath as I go your way, and especailly for the Cool Breezes on a Hot Day!

1 comment:

Amber said...

This is my favorite :) I love you